For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act"), the data controller is Downie Allison Downie Limited having our registered office at Unit H, Purdon Street, Partick, Glasgow, G11 6AF.
• your name, occupation and job title
• postal/e-mail address
• details about services or products you specifically request
• details from documents you complete online
• details of your visits to our website including but not limited to traffic data, location data,
weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We may use information held about you in the following ways:-
• To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you
• To provide you with information on products or services that you request from us or which we may feel may interest you but only where you have consented to be contacted for such purpose
• To carry out our obligations in respect of any contract entered into between you and us
• To notify you of changes to our website where appropriate
This website may contain links that make it easy for users to visit other websites. If the user uses the links to leave this website and visit a website operated by a third party, we do not have any control over that website. Accordingly, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you may provide while visiting such websites. In every case you should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You can choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you before collecting your data if we intend to use it for such purposes. If you have previously not objected to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you can change your mind at any time by writing to:
Downie Allison Downie Ltd, Unit H, Purdon Street, Partick, Glasgow, G11 6AF or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you may request details of personal information that we hold about you but you may be charged a small administration fee of no more than £10 for this information. If you want to make a request or if you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete you should write to the Data Protection Officer at Moorfoot Ventures Limited at the above address. Any information which is found to be incorrect will be corrected as soon as possible.